isardSAT Group (also known as isardSAT) is a group of R&D SMEs providing, since 2006, engineering and scientific remote sensing answers to its clients with special attention to altimetry and passive microwave missions. isardSAT Group is composed of isardSAT, S.L., Barcelona headquarters and a fully owned subsidiary, isardSAT Ltd., in Guildford.
isardSAT is involved in the design, calibration, and maintenance of civil remote sensing instruments, ranging from the development of algorithms for data processing to calibration after launch and maintenance of the instrument’s hardware until decommissioning, and is continuously improving its processing software well after that decommissioning phase.
isardSAT’s also performs studies for scientific applications with the data obtained by Earth Observation instruments, such as for hydrological applications.
isardSAT has a wide experience successfully managing complex technical projects lasting several years as can be inferred from the increasing number of ESA-awarded projects since the company creation.
isardSAT designs and develops algorithms related to oceanography, hydrology, coastal, and cryosphere applications using microwave instruments. We are looking for a R&D Engineer to join this team. The successful candidate will participate and support projects in the Earth Observation field with different levels of complexity and physical concepts to develop and validate new applications in the coastal and inland waters domain. Tasks include:
- Developing algorithms mainly in SAR altimetry;
- Prototyping, implementing, and testing of processing chains and generation of value-added products;
- Processing, validation, and analysis of data;
- Writing technical documents, project reports, and scientific journal papers
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Engineering or Physics Degree, optional Master degree in Remote Sensing
- Applicants must be able to pursue data-oriented computational research as well as experimental approaches and fieldwork to validate model predictions
- Very good knowledge of Python and/or MatLab
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Signal Processing is considered an asset
- Interest in remote sensing
The following personal skills are required:
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team, to communicate effectively with a range of people, to work to tight deadlines in a logical manner and with attention to detail.